Where Caring and Community Come Together
NEW! - Bariatric Surgery Weight Loss Support Group
A support group for individuals who have undergone bariatric surgery for weight loss meets on the first Thursday of each month from 5 – 6:30 p.m. in the Kiva room at Southwest Memorial Hospital. Share ideas and exchange information with others who have had weight loss surgery at this free meeting. Contact the group facilitator, Southwest Memorial Hospital’s Registered Dietitian Laura White, RD at 564-2276 for more information.
Diabetes Support Group Meet Regularly
A support group for individuals with diabetes meets on the first Wednesday of every month from 3:30 – 5:00 p.m. in the Diabetes Education Room at Southwest Memorial Hospital. Learn how to effectively manage your diabetes and share ideas with others at these informative, informal meetings. Sessions are free and open to anyone with Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes. Contact Laura White, RD at 564-2276 for details.
Use our Health Library Today!
Southwest Health System has an extensive, on-line health library available to you for general information, improved wellness, or to augment the information given by your healthcare provider. To access this information, click on the Health Library tab above.
The health library is also available in Spanish. La biblioteca de la salud también está disponible en español.
Southwest Health System partners with Krames Staywell to provide you an unparalleled range of healthcare information, including a huge amount of multimedia products and interactive tools. Check out the library today and get access to the following services:
- A library of diseases and conditions
- A library of clinical lab tests and clinical procedures
- A database of information about tests and immunizations recommended by age group and gender
- A drug reference library covering prescription and over-the-counter drugs
- A database of consumer-oriented health and wellness articles
- A database on nutritional facts and values of commonly used foods
- A database of commonly used herbs, vitamins and supplements
- Daily health news
- Daily health tips