Close to Home
School-Based Health Center
Caring for students close to home.
The new Montezuma-Cortez High School has an on-site School-Based Health Center. It is located at 418 South Sligo Street in Cortez, Colorado.
To provide access to comprehensive primary and behavioral healthcare in a convenient, inviting environment.
ANY STUDENT enrolled in a Montezuma – Cortez RE-1 school who is between the ages of 3 and 21 is eligible to receive medical care. You do not have to be a student at MCHS to receive treatment.
No charge for visits to the nurse. Insurance will be billed for a provider visit. If you do not have insurance an enrollment specialist will help you. Care will be provided regardless of insurance status or ability to pay. Sports physicals are available for $31.
A parent or guardian must provide a signed consent for their student.
Some of the Services Offered:
- Exams: sports, school, camp, head-start & preschool physicals • primary care • acute injury and illness • common concerns like acne, weight, menstruation • reproductive health • testing and treatment of STD/STIs • well-child checks • post-concussion assessments • chronic care management for conditions like asthma and diabetes
- Education: parent and student health • reproductive health • drug, tobacco and alcohol prevention and treatment
- Counseling: drug and alcohol use • individual, group & families • nutritional • family planning
- Mental & Behavioral Health: individual • group • families
- Other: lab tests (limited) • medications and prescriptions (limited) • preventive dental care • immunizations • Colorado state insurance enrollment assistance
Office Coordinator: (970) 564-4855. Nancy Hoffheins, Administrative Assistant, RE-1 school health services: (970) 565-3722, x2145. After hours please contact the Walk-In Clinic at (970) 564-1037. In case of emergency, dial 911.