When you come to the hospital for an out-patient procedure such as laboratory work or an x-ray, to make arrangements for same-day surgery, or to be admitted your first stop will be to register. One of our professional registration staff members – located just off the main lobby in private offices – will enter your pertinent information into the hospital computer system or update that information if you are a returning patient. You will also be asked to sign several necessary forms.
For more information about registration and admission, call the department supervisor, Christopher Alvarez, at 970-564-2127.
When I’m admitted to the hospital, what should I bring with me?
- Your advanced directive
- Driver’s License
- Insurance Cards
- current medication and allergy lists
- personal items such as your toothbrush, deodorant, and shampoo; glasses, hearing aid, and/or dentures
- robe and slippers
- comfortable change of clothes
- books, magazines, and hobby items such as crossword puzzles or needlework
- your personal phone/address book
What should I bring when I come to the hospital for services?
- Your doctor’s order for the test or procedure you need, or your admission orders.
- Driver’s license or other photo ID.
- Your medical insurance cards (we’ll need to verify/update this information each time you visit the hospital and possibly obtain “pre-certification” for services).
- A check or credit card for co-pay or other charges not covered by the your insurance.
- A parent or guardian if under the age of 18.
What should I leave at home?
- Medications (bring just the list, please)
- large amounts of cash
- credit cards; jewelry or other valuables
- electrical appliances such as your hair dryer or razor
- computers and/or PDA.