Laura White, RDN
1311 N. Mildred Road,
Our Nutrition Education department provides diabetes education and nutrition services based on current clinical research. Using an integrative approach, both one-on-one and group sessions are tailored to the individual’s needs. The registered dietitian professionals at SHS are committed to empowering patients to take responsibility of their health by making healthy lifestyle choices. We work with our patients as a team to come up with a plan that works with their lifestyle.
- Inpatient nutrition and diabetes assessment and education
- Diabetes self-management
- Outpatient medical nutrition therapy and education
- Cardiopulmonary rehabilitation nutrition education
- Weight management, including pre-bariatric surgery counseling
- Grocery shopping tours for patient groups
- Community outreach to schools and organizations
- Free Diabetes and Bariatric (Weight Loss) Surgery Support Group
Services are provided by referral. Please contact your physician to receive a referral for nutrition services.
If you are a patient, physician, or community organization interested in hosting an SHS sponsored nutrition event, you may reach us at 970-564-2276 from 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Services are either covered by insurance or are provided complimentary as part of our community outreach effort.