The registered dietitian professionals at SHS are committed to empowering patients to take responsibility of their health by making healthy lifestyle choices.
- Inpatient nutrition and diabetes assessment and education
- Diabetes self-management
- Outpatient medical nutrition therapy and education
- Cardiopulmonary rehabilitation nutrition education
- Weight management, including pre-bariatric surgery counseling
- Grocery shopping tours for patient groups
- Community outreach to schools and organizations
- Free Diabetes and Bariatric (Weight Loss) Surgery Support Group
Services are provided by referral. Please contact your physician to receive a referral for nutrition services.
If you are a patient, physician, or community organization interested in hosting an SHS sponsored nutrition event, you may reach us at 970-564-2276 from 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Services are either covered by insurance or are provided complimentary as part of our community outreach effort.